Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ginger Cookies on the Stone

My house was chilly.
I was drinking a lot of coffee.
I decided a cookie (or two) would compliment both!



I pulled out my favorite Ginger Cookie recipe....
because the required ingredients are always in my pantry.

I decided it was a good day to triple the batch!


I am not sure why I thought it was a good idea to bake the cookies on my baking stone.
Maybe because they turn out so much better.
Maybe because then there wouldn't be as many dishes to wash afterwards.
Maybe because I really wanted to spend 3 HOURS in my kitchen.

I can only bake a dozen at a time,
but it was worth it -- 
except for the pan I forgot about left in a little too long.
2 batches are tucked away in the freezer....
the other batch just disappeared.  :)

Ginger Cookies

2/3 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
4 TBSP molasses
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ginger
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon

Make into small balls and roll in sugar.
Place on ungreased cookie sheets
(or preheated baking stone)
Bake 8-10 minutes in 350 degree oven.



4 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh yum! I can almost smell them! I love ginger cookies!

Lisa said...

These look delicious. Will be trying them over the weekend. Thanks!

Noelle the dreamer said...

Ginger biscuits sounded just lovely for such a dreary Pacific NW coastline day!
Many thanks for sharing and God bless,

Lori ann said...

oh my gosh those look absoutly delicious. wish i had one right now.