Friday, February 3, 2012

The Coral Quilt

A couple years ago I purchased a kit to make this quilt.
I cut it out and sewed the top while at my annual Quilt Retreat this past October.
Jill quilted it for me in December.
I finally stitched down the binding so we can use it!

(sorry about the blur....I thought it was just my vision without my glasses....)


When Jill dropped it off at my house, Friendie was so excited....right away he asked if it was for him!
(He loved the coral Minkee I put on the back)


After I disappointed him with my answer, I tucked the quilt away until I got around to binding it.


On Wednesday he walked in the door, saw the quilt and with great enthusiasm shouted, "My blanket!!!"


Since I made it to put on the back of the sofa, I told him he could use it whenever he was at Grammie's house.

And since I bought it to match the wall behind that sofa, I need to put it to use.....because that wall just might become a different color one day soon!

The pattern is called Slide Show.
I am sorry I don't remember the fabric line.


3 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Beautiful color-and coordinates with the wall--how cool is that ?~! Great job.

Lois said...

Glad to see it finished! I need to find that Slideshow pattern as it looks to be a good one.

Nice job!

Jocelyn said...

Please stop by my blog, as I have given you an award. I realize not everyone accepts these awards, but your creativity is definitely to be noted :-)