Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A (Somewhat Silly) Reason To Celebrate

Some of you may not have known it, but there has been a canned pumpkin shortage.  That is not the "somewhat silly" part of this blog....it is true....Libby's ran out of canned pumpkin months ago and is now finally able to produce some.  I found out the hard way.....when I was frantically searching for some in August when I needed to make my oldest son's birthday request....his favorite pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.  Thankfully a friend of mine had a small can on her pantry shelf....enough for the birthday boy anyway.
I found these 5 large cans on the grocery shelf on Monday.....I took them all....I know...it was very greedy of me...but hey....when it comes to these muffins...my whole family is greedy!

I never waste my time on regular size muffins.....I always bake up the jumbo size....and my greedy family will still take two at a time!
I quadrupled the batch...because hey...we really needed to celebrate the return of Libby's Pumpkin!!!
I actually don't care for these muffins....wish I did since they are the most frequently requested baked goodie in our home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This just shows you really love your family. ;D

Simple Home said...

I've kept pumpkin on hand all year because the same thing happened last year. Whenever we've used some, we've restocked. I didn't realize it happened again this year too :-)
Blessings,
Marcia