Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Goodwill Goodies

I haven't posted any Goodwill Goodies for awhile....you may be thinking I haven't been there....well...I have...I just have been a poor blogger lately.  I usually stop in once a week, but I don't go unless I have an hour to spare.
Yesterday was a fun stop.
First I found two HUGE cones full of yarn.  They were both made in Canada.  The thicker yarn is 60% cotton and 40% wool.  The thinner yarn has 60% cotton, 35% wool and 5% acrylic ....but still has a really nice feel to it.
I was thinking they would both be really nice for knitting socks....now if I could just perfect my sock knitting skills.
Oh yes...I paid $2.99 for each one.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted this sweet planter sitting among the wicker baskets on the very top shelf....

It is in totally mint condition.....I am so excited to put it in my sewing room.
$1.99
Someone obviously didn't look at the bottom before pricing it.....
                         McCoy  USA
                          Very Sweet!
                             

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You have a good eye and scored really big with that McCoy!
My mother is always telling me to keep and eye out for yarn....she would be envious. ;D

Lori said...

Woo-Hoo! Big score!!

Lois said...

Nice "pick up" at Goodwill!!!

Judy S. said...

Wow! That yarn alone was a big find, and then the planter, too. You are a great shopper!