Saturday, September 25, 2010

No Frills Friend

I have a younger friend that I quilt with a couple times a month.  She is a new quilter and is really doing great.  She doesn't have a need for many quilting tools since she quilts with 3 of us who are not lacking in quilting supplies.  :)
What she really needed though, was a pin cushion.  She had some scraps (and I mean scraps) of fabric that she just sewed together and stuffed....and I don't say this to be unkind....but it was the size of a small pillow!  It was painful for me to even look at it...so I knew I needed to do something about it.
I found this little chicken pattern and some left over wool from a previous project.  I did all the stitching by machine, so it was a 20 minute project....and it turned out so cute, I think I will make another!  I have been looking for a reason to make a pin cushion and try out the Walnut Litter I bought...back in January.  She is a down-to-earth, no frills sort of gal....she would have been content with her pin "pillow"....and who knows.....maybe she is still using it!  :)
I hope you are enjoying your week!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

That really is adorable!

Judy S. said...

Love that cute chicken, Sheila!

Rebecca P said...

That is so cute, I know she will love it.

Lori said...

That is so sweet and so thoughtful of you!!