Friday, July 20, 2012

Hot - Lot - Not - Pot - Got To Have Iced Coffee Recipe

It has been very hot and humid.

Perfect iced coffee weather!!!


I decided I needed to make up a better flavored iced coffee concoction because I was consuming a lot of calories with each quart pint mug cup.

Besides....I was not sleeping at night.  ;)

First I made up a batch of cold brew coffee.
I used 1 cup of coffee grounds for each quart of cold water.
(I used Half Caff coffee)
I mixed coffee grounds and cold water together and let sit 12-24 hours on my counter.
I strained the coffee through my coffee pot ground container (it has teeny tiny holes) but usually cheese cloth is the choice for straining.
Cold brewed coffee is very concentrated and can last quite a while with refrigeration.

Next I made up a pitcher of flavoring.
I used Walden Farms Calorie Free Caramel Syrup and Chocolate Syrup and Silk PureAlmond Vanilla.

I used 1/2 cup of each syrup for every 2 cups of Almond Milk.


Walden Farms syrups boast "No Calories, Fat, Carbs, Gluten or Sugars of Any Kind!"
The almond milk I used boasts 90 calories per serving.


I could have gone with caffeine free coffee,
but a girl's gotta live a little!!!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Sounds delicious!!! If you would have went caffeine free, it would have been a "why bother" (sugar free, fat free, caff free) - that's what we barista's call them. Stay cool!