Thursday, May 10, 2012

Blender Blessings

I have been wanting a Vitamix Blender.
I have been trying to buy a used one on eBay for months.
I have not been able to buy one in my desired $400 range.

I am picky.
I wanted silver.
I wanted the 64 ounce container...
AND the Dry container.

I wanted too much....
and it just wasn't going to happen.

On Sunday, after weeks of hearing my woes...
(and being tired of me crawling into bed with my computer),
my husband said, "Just buy yourself a new one."
I told him they were way too expensive...
but he gave me his blessing...
and I took the plunge!


I found a new silver Vitamix 5200 that was $40 cheaper because it wouldn't be including 2 flexible cutting mats. (Who needs those anyway). 
I bought it!
It arrived 2 days later!

It had some damage on one side.  :(


So, I contacted the seller.
He was skeptical.
I had to email him photos.
He felt bad.
Must have happened during shipping.
He offered to send me a return shipping label.
He did not have another silver machine.

I was bummed.
I really wanted to try it out while my Boy is home visiting.

He sent me another email.
If I wanted to keep the scratched machine, he would give me a partial refund.
His refund was VERY generous!
I ended up getting my new Vitamix Blender for $399!!!!
Now that is what I call a Blender Blessing!!!!!



This morning I enjoyed a spinach, cucumber and strawberry smoothie!
Oh the fun I will be having!!!!!


4 comments:

Emily Fay said...

How exciting!!! And what a deal! Have fun!

Lori said...

Great discount for a few scratches!! imho. Enjoy!!

Judy S. said...

Looks like a great addition to your cooking equipment! It's tough to learn a new way of cooking, I agree. Had to give up dairy and gluten after years of cooking/baking with both. That smoothie in the photo looks suspiciously chocolate.... Have fun with the new machine!

Pat said...

OOOOOOOOOh......did that concotion taste good? You are fortunate to find this good deal.