Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fun With Yarn

I am linking up with Ginny again this week.
One of the projects on my needles are the Baby Socks found in  More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts.
I am hoping these fit a 6 month old little girl that we will soon get to meet.



The book, The Best of the Sanctuary, is actually a series of devotionals that were published first in 1949 for the days during Lent.
This copy, from 1963, has been updated.
This was today's devotional.


I finally took the plunge and ordered a yarn swift and ball winder!


It was so much fun!


Too bad I didn't have more yarn to wind!


3 comments:

no spring chicken said...

You beat me! I couldn't wait to show you my new trick, seeing as you were the inspiration. I thought I could handle the chunky dpns and no 'gusset' and I'm doing o.k.. I first practiced for a day just making nothing until I got somewhat comfortable with the needles. I have the book in your post. Do you think that the baby socks would be a good beginner or is a larger sock easier? I love the idea of tiny lessons...

Blessings, Debbie

Shannon Breen said...

I'm jealous. I've had my eye on a ball winder for some time. :) Love the little socks.

Joanne Lendaro said...

LOVE the little socks, and yep your new toy does look like fun! enjoy!