Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome

Welcome New Year!

My husband turned 48 yesterday.
I am not far behind.
It sounds old.
Good thing we don't act our age!


We had a 'brown' Christmas....and now we are getting snow....and severe winds....sure hope our typical 5 months of snow isn't going to begin now!

This is the holly bush I planted this past year.
All year I anticipated using it to decorate for Christmas.
Because of the lack of fall moisture, every other leaf was crunchy and only two dried up red berries remained.
I cut some anyway.



As the wind whips off our lake and the storm windows rattle, I am grateful for a warm home and family tucked together inside.
And I am grateful for a New Year.




2 comments:

Lori said...

I love being inside a warm house on a blustery day. Happy new year!

Joanne Lendaro said...

Hope the bush is bigger next year! Hope you had a wonderful Holiday Season!!