Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hot Water Drinks

Today was a good day to mix up our winter supply of hot water drinks.
My husband likes his "Russian" Tea.
The rest of us like Hot Cocoa.
Both are good for warming you up on a chilly day!

Hot Cocoa Mix

2 1/2 cups powdered milk
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons corn starch
1 cup cocoa powder

I fill the cup about a quarter to a third full of dry mix and then add boiling water.
Don't forget to top it off with marshmallows!

Russian Tea

Equal parts Tang  (an instant orange flavored breakfast drink in powdered form)  and lemon flavored ice tea mix
I just guess on the spices....sorry I can't be more specific.
Cinnamon
Allspice
Cloves
  
The gallon container I filled had 2 1/2 teaspoons of the allspice and cloves and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.

He uses a cinnamon stick to stir it and that gives the drink even more cinnamon flavor.


2 comments:

stitching under oaks said...

my mom used to make Russian tea and give it as gifts at Christmas time....that brings back great memories. Have a wonderful day!

Joanne Lendaro said...

love them both!! I'll have to write these down...had them at one point, have no idea where they might be now. Thanks for postting them!!