Thursday, December 1, 2011

Coconut Obsession

We woke up to a light dusting of snow.
It made me think of the large bag of fluffy white coconut sitting on my table. 
The coconut that did NOT get used yesterday because the Nutty Apple Muffins did NOT get made during nap time.  :(
Christmas decorating without my 'helper' took priority.

So today I am in the mood for coconut and chocolate!
After totally tearing apart my not so organized recipe cupboard....
I found it!

Quick

Easy

Yummy

No Bake Fudgy Oat Cookies

2 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine oats and coconut - set aside.
In a saucepan, combine milk and butter.  Stir in sugar and cocoa; bring to a boil.  Add oat mixture, stirring constantly; cook for 1 min.  Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
Drop by rounded Tablespoon onto wax paper.
Yield about 3 dozen.


I will continue to be obsessed with that bag of coconut, so I might as well get this over with  ;)





1 comment:

Lois said...

I love the vintage cards you have been using on the blog. Keep'em coming!