Monday, October 31, 2011

Quilt Retreating

The long and winding road....


that took us to 5 blissful days of quilting!


My sister-in-law and I chose the "Early Bird" option....
because we are wise!  :)

My youngest daughter and mother-in-law chose the 2 day option....
because they had to.  :(

I spent the first day just cutting fabric....
lots of fabric.
(Normally I prefer cutting before getting to camp, but it just didn't work that way this year).

I will share my finished projects when I get them back from quilting.


The first thing on the agenda when Emily arrived was Binding 101.


I had just picked her first quilt up from the quilter....
the perfect time to learn mitered corners!



There were so many lovely projects being worked on...
and I didn't plan on sharing any of them on my blog...
but I thought this was an interesting concept...


and it was probably the most popular piece of fabric this morning when a quilt shop in Alaska most likely got many requests.
(Sorry, I did not write down the name of the shop)


The fabrics were as colorful and lovely as the ladies who were there.


One especially lovely quilter follows my blog!
Lois' name was drawn for the Dessert Cookbook give-a-way I had a while back.
When she arrived and I passed the book on to her, she surprised me with a wonderful cookbook in return!!!!
How fun is that!!!!
(Thanks again Lois)


My sister-in-law and I shut off the lodge lights every night....
we got so much accomplished...
but got very little sleep.

I stopped to photograph this little stitchery...
not because Christmas is just around the corner....
but because I thought those three words described my feelings perfectly.


And now, after a very restful day, I am ready to unpack my sewing baskets and continue my own retreating right here at home!

Too bad I won't have a chef preparing of all our meals.  :)


6 comments:

Joanne Lendaro said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Love all of your pictures!

Lori said...

That looks like so much fun!! I can't wait to see what you got accomplished.

Gretchen R said...

Hey, I know Lois! We went to the same church when we went to the cities. I remember she taught her husband to quilt and he told Knut how interesting and difficult it could actually be.

I wish I could have gone. :( Knut said this Spring we'll make it work. We would have never dreamed that harvest would be done in time for me to go to the retreat so we did not plan on it.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Perfect way to sepnd 5 days...

Judy S. said...

Sounds like you had a fun and very productive 5 days!

Lois said...

Fun retreat....why didn't I get more done??!! I'm "picture reading" the book and enjoying each succulent one. Thanks.