Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Yarn Along - With Much Thanksgiving

These last two weeks have been hard....really hard.
I have been doing a lot of reading and knitting....reading my Bible and knitting for the calm it brings.
I already shared about my cousin's son and his tragic death.  The night before the funeral we were very close to losing another person we love....and are sooo thankful he is out of the hospital after those six fearful days.
Then Grandma fell...and needed surgery.

We know our lives will have "trials",  but must they come in multiples????

I have been working on some gifts.
I have some finished projects, but wouldn't want to spoil any surprises by showing them here!

I have been taking advantage of free patterns on blogs and internet sites.
I am finding my obsessive collection of needles are coming in very handy during my late night inspirations!


Last week I made this wool hat (made with many prayers) for our friend who spent those six days in the hospital.  I just didn't have any words for blogging then.

I wanted to join Ginny with her Yarn Along this week....I appreciated meeting so many sweet bloggers last time.
I will still be having that give-a-way...I just need a few more days to get caught up.
Have a good day...and don't forget to "Love On" your family!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

YOur hat is beautiful and I have tears falling as I just watched the news report you posted to. I'm so very sorry for all of you and will be keeping your family in my prayers!

Lori said...

I'm so sorry you are going through a rough patch right now. These are times that help us grow spiritually and mentally. Peace be with you.
Lori

Diane H said...

Here's some knitting inspiration for you. An Advent calendar of free patterns from Drops.

http://www.meint.se/me3/open/page.jsp?_function=init&versionid=90727

Take care.

Simple Home said...

It does seem to come in multiples, doesn't it? I'm sorry that your family has had to endure so much. You're in my prayers.
Blessings,
Marcia

Anonymous said...

Your hats are so lovely! Will keep you in my prayers!

Judy S. said...

Still thinking of you and your family. Big hugs. (Love that snowman header!)