Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Many Thanks.....and a Great Muffin Recipe!

 I am not one to decorate much for Halloween, but I do have this old paper lantern...with a happy face on one side and a frown on the other...I am sharing the happy side because that is how I am feeling!
I am not really sure which day my fun package from Colleen came (I am rather embarassed to have found it when I cleaned off the "junk counter").....it is not suppose to be a "junk counter"....but it happens. (insert the sad face pumpkin here).
Colleen sent a sweet pattern (which I don't want to share quite yet...you know the holidays are coming) and this great wool assortment to use with the pattern.  I am eager to get going on the ornaments.....oops....I meant the "project".  :)
Thank you so much Colleen!!!!


Some of you joined in on the fun with the Fall Into Fall give-a-way at the beginning of the month.  I had such a good time checking out the blogs of all the friends out there who left a comment.  I even entered my name in a few of the give-a-ways that caught my eye.
Well.....Sandy contacted me and said she had decided to draw a few more winners and I was one of them!  I had no idea what she was planning...until today...when this fun package arrived!
She sent me a kit with these lovely fabrics!
To make this "Friendship Wreath" wall quilt!
And she sent me a book full of patterns to make the projects in this Japanese Folded Patchwork book!
Thank you so much Sandy!!!!
I already have it packed in my basket to take to my upcoming retreat!

I also got a very "sweet" treat today from my brother-in-law!
We call him "Uncle Chuck" (but his name is Paul).
Uncle Chuck is a grain farmer in North Dakota.  Some years he gives permission for bee keepers to set up their boxes on his land.  In return, they give him honey.  I have been using a lot of honey lately, so I sent Uncle Chuck a text (while he was out combining) and asked him if he had bee boxes again this year....sadly....he replied "no".
BUT....because he is such a thoughful brother-in-law.....he asked one of his neighbors (who allowed the bees this year) if they had any extra honey they wanted to give away.....and he came to my door this morning with this "sweet" gift!  He has some pretty "sweet" neighbors!
I will be baking up some Heavenly Honey Oatmeal Bread in the morning!

I have had a couple requests for my PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFIN recipe....so here it is....
1/2 cup almonds, sliced, unbleached
1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 cup plain pumpkin
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup chocolate chips

Put almonds on baking sheet, bake 5 minutes, until lightly browned and cool.  Grease muffin cups or use baking cups.  Thoroughly mix flour, sugar, pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.  Mix eggs, pumpkin and butter until blended.  Stir in chocolate chips and almonds.  Pour over dry ingredients; mix until just moistened.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

3 comments:

Barb said...

I am not much on Halloween either...wonderful goodies and thanks for the recipe.

Lori said...

I don't have too much Halloween decor but I love your pumpkin paper lantern!!
Looks like you scored big this week!! Yahooo!!!

SandyQuilts said...

Have fun with your winnings.