Friday, December 11, 2009

Vintage Ornaments

When we were little girls, our mom would take us to the church bazaar every December.  We would get a new ornament for our tree and we would get to go to the fish pond!  I still have a basket of ornaments that are now considered "vintage".  I tuck my basket under the tree every year and my family enjoys making fun of most of those old treasures.....I, on the other hand, have warm memories when I see them.  I have put my favorites on the top. I love the little red sweater .... do you think it was actually knit with toothpicks?
Those little elves just make me smile.




I don't put wrapped gifts under our tree.  I put little treasures from the years under it...all have a special little memory.  This is one of my favorites.....the two pair of booties next to each other.  The pink booties belonged to our grand-daughter who is now in Heaven and the little blue booties were Friendies.  I hope to have a whole line-up of booties under the tree someday.  :)


I am busy sewing quilts....but I can't show them.  Two done....two more to go.

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

It's funny, isn't it, how certain things bring back memories. I also have lots of projects going that can't be shared. It's that time of year! Stay warm!

Lori said...

I love the memories our "funny" little things bring us. I understand about the kids getting a chuckle from it, but if your vintage ornaments weren't there they would surely notice!

Lois said...

I love the vintage ornaments as they look a lot like mine. Does that make me vintage??!!