Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Keeping Warm and Keeping Up

We have had wind-chill advisories for 5 days.  Some of you may not know what a -30 degree wind-chill feels like....it is really cold....take my word for it.  :)
Although my family has to carry on with work and school, I have been blessed to be home...inside...warm....getting lots of projects finished. 
The house is decorated and all the gifts are wrapped (although some haven't been purchased yet).  The Christmas letter is ready to mail -- and I had the picture Emily drew for me made into our Christmas cards for this year (thank you for that suggestion!).




I have been sewing like crazy.....it is amazing how much more a person can get done when they haven't left their house in 5 days!!!  Yes, I am serious....I haven't been outside except to shake some Minkee after I cut it.  It has been wonderful!

While the men-folk went to the Viking football game on Sunday, Emily and I enjoyed a quiet day together.  We listened to our church service on the radio (we didn't want to go out in the bitter cold)....we lit our advent candles...

popped some corn...

gathered some berries (out of the fridge)....

and made a special treat for the outside critters.




The rest of the day was spent knitting by the fire.

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

So, what are you knitting? It's knitting/sewing weather here, only it's rainy not frigid. Happy Holidays, Sheila.

Simple Home said...

I have no idea what that kind of cold is like. I'm glad you were able to stay inside and keep warm!
Blessings,
Marcia

Lori said...

While it's nice to get lots of sewing done I hope you get a break from cold temps soon. Your little tree looks like it has the same little straw ornaments my son brought back from Denmark. Too cute!!