Monday, September 7, 2009

Sewing Space Change

I finally got my sewing space moved to our upstairs bedroom. I found projects I didn't even remember I had.....some were exciting.....some were embarrassing. I found a log cabin pumpkin table topper that I think I sewed 3 years ago....time to get that one quilted so I can actually use it this year.
The room is split in the middle because of the fireplace chimney. On one side I have my sewing machine, cutting table and ironing board. I also have a fun old Hoosier cabinet that I store "supplies" in. You all know what that means.....all that fabric we like to keep hidden from our husband's view. :) On the other side of the room I have my drawing table, a scrap booking desk (built in the corner) and my quiet time chair. You may also notice the baby crib.....my little Friendie takes his naps in my sewing room. I should also mention this room has an awesome closet....and you all know what I have stored in there.....more of those "supplies".
We have had a houseful of people this weekend, but tomorrow is my day (after I pay the bills anyway). I plan on spending my whole day locked away in my new space.....maybe I will even have something to show for it at the end of the day!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

You have some nice looking quilts in there. I love the Hoosier cabinet! ;D

Lori said...

That is so exciting you have a new sewing studio! It looks great!

A mom of many said...

Very pretty! I would love to have my own little space like that. Thank you very much for the blocks. I just love them! I will put them to good use. That was very kind of you!

Warmly,
Tina

antique quilter said...

great new sewing room
i LOVE that cabinet and your ironing board is wonderful, has it been in the family for years or did you buy it at an antique store?
I wish I would find one like that!
Kathie