Sunday, July 5, 2009

Iced Coffee Day

We are finally having some lovely hot days here in Minnesota. I have made iced coffee the past two days.....now that I have found a yummy recipe, I thought I should share it with you. Brew a 12 cup pot of strong coffee....I used 1 cup of grounds.

Mix 1 can sweetened condensed milk with your choice of flavoring....I used 1/3 cup of a mixture of chocolate syrup and carmel syrup.

Stir the milk mixture into the brewed coffee.

Fill your cup or glass full of ice....then add the hot coffee....then add more ice if you have room. You want this really cold. :)

The person who shared the recipe with me said she only uses 1/4 cup of flavoring or it gets too sweet....never to sweet for our household. :)

Enjoy!!!!

3 comments:

Needle, Thimble and Thread said...

sound wonderful....now just need to remember to grab chocolate syrup the next time I'm in town. Thanks for sharing the recipe

Judy D in WA said...

Oh yum, I have everything I need...and I love chocolate and caramel and coffee...can't wait.
I was just cruising around blogland and found your site. After the coffee recipe, I think I'll stay awhile and visit. :)

Sue said...

You do have a blog! For me... nothin' better than coffee and chocolate! O.K., maybe a little salt thrown in with chips or somethin' just to round it out, but coffee and chocolate are my favorite. Gotta try this!